1. No advertising No advertising other servers at all. This rule also covers third party links and private account names (twitter, snapchat, skype, etc) in the global chat. Those are allowed in private messages. Please avoid using server names in the chat to better protect yourself from this rule.
2. Be mature in chat No spamming, irritating text, weird symbols, constant caps, begging, talking about politics or religion in the global chat. We also would like the global chat to stay in English at all times. If a topic is not listed here but is offensive to someone in game they can notify staff and staff will end the topic. Players can report to staff at any time if they find a topic in global chat offensive or uncomfortable. Your private chat, town chat, party chat, and so on, can be whatever language you want. Linking offensive items with show or auction also falls under this rule. Breaking this rule will usually end up in just a mute or some jail time after three warnings for the same occasion. Players who constantly cause issues with this rule may not receive three warnings every time.
3. No cheating This covers cheating, exploiting, glitching, hacking, unapproved mods, x-ray, auto clickers, bots, auction scams, anti afk, anti afk pools, auto fishing, enderman farms, auto farm using afk pool, anything on the nether roof, non-chat macros, fast place. Teleport tricking is also under this rule. Teleport tricking is defined as a tp killing which the player requesting teleportation tricks the other player into accepting the teleport. Things like “come here for this item” or “can you come here to help me” and then killing them after teleporting is a bannable offense. Teleport trapping is also not allowed. Teleport trapping is teleporting a player into something they have no way to escape from. There is so much more that can fall under this rule that may not be listed and will be determined at the time of the event.
4. No close claiming No claiming towns within 150 blocks of another town. The newer town or the smaller town will be removed and it is possible that the money and items will be gone. If you are found to be going in the direction of another town on purpose to remove them action will be taken towards you. For this the two mayors first have to talk and try to work it out, if it doesn't work out they can then post on the forums for a moderator or higher to step in. Chat moderators do not have any abilities to help in this issue.
Update: We now use “/towny map big” as a major factor in deciding if a town is too close to another. Since people knit-pick over this rule the new general rule of thumb is: If you can see them on this map, you are too close. If a corner of your town is on the corner of this map, and they are clearly on the other corner, a safe distance from expanding, then you are not too close. Remember, if you plan on expanding then you don’t want to be near another town. The map is huge and does increase in size as the time progresses, there is no reason to be that close to another town.
5. Respect server members and staff (Old Rule 6) TownyAge does not tolerate threats, sexual harassment, racism, discrimination, sexism, and other offensive attacks towards players.
Common Sense As you can see from the structure of the rules, there is no punishment listed for most. That is because the staff are encouraged to use their common sense just like the server members. However, if you feel you have been treated unfairly or a situation was not handled correctly please post on the forums with screenshots or chat logs. Accurate timestamps are accepted as well. Staff actions are taken very seriously and staff are expected to be right on the mark with every action. However, humans make mistakes, so if a mistake is made it needs to be corrected.
Staff specific rules (regular rules still apply) 1. Watch your language. Profanity is allowed but remember as staff, professional behavior is expected. 2. Do not “trap” players into breaking rules. 3. Situations must be handled fairly. If two people are having an extreme argument in global and a whisper is needed, you mute both of them not just one. 4. Staff must be active. Failure to be active for an entire week results in losing the rank.
Staff ranks are easy to obtain, but even easier to lose.
*I, KoKoBerry, reserve the right to change anything on this page without notification.
Terms of Service Section I General TownyAge (Fine Art Trading) provides a service through online server/game hosting and online digital goods. Any and all purchases are in the form of a donation, which provide for the server in various ways. There is a no refund policy on these donations. TownyAge (Fine Art Trading) is not affiliated with Minecraft, Mojang AB, and Microsoft and are not endorsed by them. We are a non-profit company providing a service with no source of revenue except for donations and the server owner as a financial backer. By donating you are choosing to voluntarily help with no expectations of anything in return. TownyAge (Fine Art Trading) reserves the right to change the terms of service at any time with no warning or notice. Violation of any of the terms will result in termination of your account on our services. You understand and agree that TownyAge (Fine Art Trading) is not responsible for the content and actions of its members. By agreeing to these terms, you agree not to present any lawsuit or other legal challenge against TownyAge (Fine Art Trading).
Section IV Client Security and Safety
TownyAge (Fine Art Trading) assumes no responsibility if your account is hacked or compromised. If you lose donation items due to this we reserve the right to not reimburse lost items. Anyone suspected of violating users safety or security of information can be removed from our services. TownyAge (Fine Art Trading) reserves the right to remove any persons whom are seen as a threat to services, other clients, or other violations. There is a zero threat tolerance which will result in a full removal from our systems.
Section V Ban Policy
Clients found violating terms of service or server rules may find their accounts removed from our networks. In addition TownyAge (Fine Art Trading) reserves the right to use restrictive measures to prevent access to our networks without explanation or warning. In most cases users may request to appeal on the site under the forums. Appeals are a courtesy and we reserve the right to block the ability to post an appeal. Users who are suspected of violation by association may also get removed from the systems. Users who are suspected of violation with limited proof may be subjected to a temporary or permeant removal from TownyAge (Fine Art Trading) systems. TownyAge (Fine Art Trading) will not give out any refunds for getting banned. By donating you accept that if you get banned you will not get a refund on any donations. Once a transaction is completed, the items are marked as use and are not eligible for refund.
Section VI Changes to Content
TownyAge (Fine Art Trading) reserves the right to update or change content without warning. All perks and donation bonuses are subject to change at any moment with no warning. By donating you are accepting that your perk/digital goods may be changed, altered, or removed after donating. You also agree that you understand you may not get your perk/digital goods back if the network has any reset, update, or data clear. You also understand that changes in policy may lead to perk/digital goods adjustment or removal. All donations are final and there will be no refund for any of these reasons.
Section VII Refund Policy
TownyAge (Fine Art Trading) does not give out refunds on donations. By donating you are not entitled to any physical or virtual good. A donation as defined is an act or instance of presenting something as a gift, grant, or contribution with no expectation of anything in return. There is no refunding a donation. You agree not to buy back, stop credit, or force charge-back on donations. If you are banned or your access gets restricted because you violated terms of service and rules, you will not be entitled to a refund. All donations are final.
Section VIII Distribution of Content
TownyAge (Fine Art Trading) reserves the right to remove a user from our systems for attempting to sell or profit from TownyAge virtual goods. Exchanging virtual goods for others to donate for you are at your own risk and will not be protected by TownyAge (Fine Art Trading). Distributing content in a negative light on such services as YouTube and Twitch also can conclude in being removed from our systems. If a user is broadcasting or using TownyAge (Fine Art Trading) in any way to gain donations on websites like Twitch, the user is expected to donate 15% of their earnings directly to TownyAge (Fine Art Trading). Using TownyAge (Fine Art Trading) logos without written consent is an extreme form of terms of service violation and will not be tolerated. TownyAge (Fine Art Trading) reserves the right to remove a user from its systems for attempting to take content. This includes programs used on our systems. Section IX Staff Agreement
By applying for staff you are agreeing that you are a volunteer and do not accept payment or perks in any way. You agree that if you fail to meet requirements you will voluntarily be removed from the position. You also agree that you will never give out any staff related information without permission. If you step down from staff and then give out staff related information you will be removed from our systems.